Thursday, April 5, 2012

If You Haven't Already Heard...

Which, by the way, I'm sure you have heard because that, my friends, is the beauty of Facebook and gossipy Mormon communities, but...

I'm engaged!

Here's a picture to prove it if you don't believe me

Yeah. You've probably already seen the picture too.

Anyhow...

Being engaged is kinda weird, let's be honest. I mean, getting married is something you look forward to your whole life. You hope for it and dream about it. But at the same time you kinda try not to expect it. Like that will jinx your chances or something.

But once it comes, you realize your awesome wedding doesn't just materialize out of thin air. You actually have to plan it. And it's not as simple as one would like to think. Nope, along with the general ideas (you know, colors, food, reception hall etc.) you have to decide on very small details. Like what do you want your cake cutting knife to look like? and how many people do you think we can fit at one table?

It's crazy and stressful and I'm pretty sure this was some sort of intended insurance on God's part to ensure people only got married once. But even so, it is fantastic and fun and I love this here wedding planning junk. Yes, glad it'll only happen once. But loving it nonetheless.

Trust me, when gobs of people attack your Facebook wall with well wishes,
it's worth it.
And when a friend or aunt or cousin pulls you aside to offer you some heartfelt advice,
it's worth it.
And when you try on the right wedding dress and watch your friend tear up,
it's worth it.
And when you look at your man and realize you'll be with him for time and all eternity,
it's worth it.

So...yeah...Married life here I come!
As a side note: if anyone wants to talk wedding, I'm totally there ;)

2 comments:

whitney said...

I agree, it's worth it :)

Oh and you wellll know that I'm there for all wedding talk ;)

Hellobridgett said...

Ha ha I know I'm one of the ones that gave you advice. Sorry.