Monday, April 16, 2012

A not so formal introduction

Well people, it's been just about 4 weeks since I got engaged and it is still blowing my mind a little bit. Can I just say that I am so excited?
Cause I am.
I am so excited.

I don't think anyone is really reading my blog these days...but I figure the people who do read it are the people who love me. And if you love me, I'm sure you're interested in the love of my life, yes?

Most people don't know him super well (on account of them living hundreds of miles away). But I figured I would do what I can to fix it. So this here post is all about him.

Meet Ben:

(yep. I've got Asian eyes and terrible hair...
but he has trouble taking pictures
and he actually looks real good in this one
if I do say so myself)


Anyway. Here is some random information about Ben that will help you get to know him just a little bit better. And for the record, I think you all should meet him because he is pretty fantastic and after reading this post you will have some awesome conversation topics.

Full name: Benjamin Daniel Brown
Birth date: August 20th, 1989
From: Jerome, Idaho
Served his mission in: Rosario, Argentina
Random piece of info: He broke his back while snowboarding when he was 18
Something he wouldn't tell you: He was the best Spanish speaker in his whole mission (from several reliable mission sources)
Major: Until verrry recently he wanted to major in accounting (I mean offense to no one when I say, "Ew. Boring.") However, a combination of individuals (i.e. me, his parents, God, etc.) convinced him otherwise. He is now excited to officially start a double major in Spanish and either German or Russian. He wants to become a professor.
Favorite food: Pancakes
Favorite dessert: Cream cheese cake (yep. You read that right)
Hobbies: Hiking, rock climbing, reading
Another random tidbit: He has had several unfortunate circumstances with hot dogs. So he hates them and won't eat them
Family info: He's the youngest and has 4 older sisters

Okay. That's all my information for now. I feel like my last couple of posts have been pretty gushy and sentimental so I apologize. It's very unlike me but planning a wedding suddenly brings out a whole slew of unnecessary emotions. It's a blessing and a curse.

I trust I'll get it back together eventually. Thank you for your patience.

4 comments:

Sarah Jane said...

First of all, I habitually stalk your blog. In a non-creepy way.

Secondly... for some reason August 20 is ringing a bell. I'll think of it one day. But I'm glad he doesn't want to do accounting. He'll end up like my mother. No one should ever love taxes.

Four sisters? That's pretty tough.

whitney said...

I wish I could get to know Ben a little better in person. boo! for living so far apart! Thanks for the cheat sheet, though, it helped a lot.

yay! for a husband who understands girls (as least as much as is humanly possible). My dad was a younger brother of 4 sisters and he gets women like no one else I know.

Jessica Grosland said...

I have loved all of your recent posts, even if they are gooey and sentimental. You're in LOVE; it's expected.

Also, Ben sounds cool. I look forward to meeting him some day.

(Also, ALSO, I can't tell you how bad I want to quote Mean Girls right now. "...a hotdog? That was ONE TIME!")

Hellobridgett said...

You know, Rory is the youngest with 3 older sisters. I met him after dating someone with no sisters and I can tell you that it makes a difference... Lucky you.

Glad to know more about him, and don't worry about being sentimental. Everyone is at some point or another.