Thursday, September 29, 2011

Missed One!

I forgot to add pictures of the quilt I made over the summer. It was basically the easiest thing ever (that was the point...the last one I did was much more labor intensive). I made it a twin size so that I can actually use it (the other one was made for when I get married...which we all know is still awhile away). And I got crafty and made myself a wicked sweet pillow to go with it. And all the patterns I used were blog stalked. The quilt pattern was found here. And I regret to inform you that I saw the pillow pattern on a blog, filed the pattern in my head, and completely forgot where I found it. So, sorry unreferenced blogger! Here are the pictures:



Instead of forcing my mom to do the quilting, like I usually do,
I figured I'd do it myself.
In a young and free spirit (I mean, if you're going to make a quilt for your lonely college bedroom, you might as well throw some panache in) I quilted it with my favorite song lyrics.
Featured here is "The way it pops and fizzes" (from The Band Perry's Hip to My Heart)
Other lyrics included:
-"I want a love that's still alive and well in rocking chairs" (Andy Grammar, Keep Your Head Up)
-"Pick yourself up and dust yourself off and back in the saddles" (Shakira, Waka Waka)
-"
Good times never seem so good" (Neil Diamond, Sweet Caroline)
-etc etc...

And here's my pillow.
It still makes me happy.

4 comments:

whitney said...

First off...I'm very pouty that you didn't remember the pillow tutorial. I was all ready to pin it for further use.

just so you know.

Other then that...FABULOUS quilt! I love it! It's just so lovely and I just adore that you quilted it with lyrics. That's seriously so fun!

Hellobridgett said...

Kim! I've been blog stalking and I found your blog. I love it.

That is an awesome quilt. Nice work. Putting song lyrics on it is a sweet idea. I love that pillow.

Kelsey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelsey said...

there had better be at least one picture of me on that picture wall or this relationship's over.

that's all I have to say. and that I like your quilt a little bit.

um....and I sure hope you used Shakira's "lucky that my breasts are small and humble so you don't confuse them with mountains" from Whenever, Wherever.