Friday, September 23, 2011

Here's the Proof

Remember that one time?

When I never posted the awesome goings on from August or September?

No need to fret any long, because here they are! Now, this is likely going to be a very long post. Not necessarily wordy, but complete with pictures and appropriate commentary. I have sectioned each set according to the event, so feel free to browse and skim through what interests you (what am I saying? Of course you guys are interested in all aspects of my life). Here goes:

Kicking it in Kansas

Here's the story:
Sometime over the summer, Spencer and Whitney
a) got themselves a new house AND
b) got themselves a new baby boy.
And no one from the original Lifferth household went to go see either. Which I thought was just a little ridiculous. SO I yammered at Heather until she agreed to come with. We forked out the dough for the plane tickets and GOSH were we happy we did. We had a blast! Spencer and Whit hooked us up with an amazing time in the hot and sticky KC! We did all sorts of awesome things including hiking, caving, camping, swimming, running, and chowing down on delicious barbecue food.

We hiked to a castle!
Don't they look like princesses?

This is where we camped. Right next to the water.
We woke up to a hurricane. Okay...lots of wind and rain. We stuck it out and made fun of all the people who booked it out of there once things started clearing up. Until Torrential Downpour #2 came along.

We had ourselves a little dance party in the kitchen.
Just like their Aunts Heather and Kim.

Racing the annual Wyco Trail Nerd Night 10k.
At the last minute we decided to go for the 10k Trail Run. Kyle and I did it 2 years ago. This time was much less muddy...but still tons of fun. And we totally rocked it! (ahem...I'm going to brag a little....) I got first! For the women! I was pretty stoked to say the least. Plus they gave me $50 to a local running store. My time was just under 58 mins. Heather booked it in with fourth for the women (1:06). And Spencer came in at 1:09. I was so proud of us :) Pics and results found here.

We seriously had such a blast. Thanks again Spencer and Whitney!
21 And Still Not Married
That's right, folks. I turned 21. Since I'm still not married, and this is the the great state of Utah, I can officially join the Old Maid and Hopeless Club. It's great. I love it! But really. I had possibly one of the best birthdays EVER thanks to the sneakiness of my sister Heather and The Boy. I was completely shocked when I came home 2 nights before my birthday and found Heather, Jana, and Mary sitting on my couch, cazookie in hand! They drove down all the way from Provo to surprise me! We did pretty much everything you can do in Cedar while they were down here. That includes:
  • Being chased by a psycho upon attempting to enter the old hospital
  • Hiking Kanarraville
  • Swimming at The Lake on the Hill (dumbest name ever...)
  • Eating at Pastry Pub
  • Attending the most rockin' awesome dance party that SUU has possibly ever seen
Gosh. Gooooood times!
The fire we made to sit by while we enjoyed our shish-kabobs and s'mores.

The party we had on my birthday
that included my awesome Cedar friends and neighbors
Sittin' in Cedar
Has Cedar ever been the most hopping spot? Answer: Nope. Never. So we've had some great adventures trying to figure out what to do in our spare time. Usually it involves watching Monk or hitting up Krave (local Frozen Yogurt place). Sometimes we get a little bit crazier. Like:
When we went to the Iron County Fair.
Is that baby lamb not close to the cutest dang thing you have ever seen?
If it's not, you have no soul.

Snagging gobs of candy from the homecoming parade.
SUU I love you.
Ran the RedRock
The RedRock Relay that is. It's a 12 person team race that goes from Brianhead down to Zion's National Park (roughly 180+ miles). I was on a team with one of my awesome friends here in Cedar and her parents. Her dad and one of the other guys on our team are actually Psych professors here. Awkward? Answer: Surprisingly not. It was TOTALLY WICKED!!! I totaled 18.6 miles. And it doesn't hurt that several people from other teams asked if I ran for a college cause I was flying!"
My face is so beautiful in this one.

Me handing off to heather on our last legs.

Thanks for sticking through guys!
IT'S OVER!!!!!

3 comments:

Jessica Grosland said...

I, for one, found this post thoroughly enjoyable and well worth the time and effort of reading the whole thing. (Your face is amazing in that one picture, by the way. You look like the heroic runner incarnate.)

Psh. And what's all this "old maid" stuff? Even in Utah, it's not considered pathetic for a girl to remain unmarried until AT LEAST the age of twenty-two. You've still got time! ;)

whitney said...

Ahhh, we loved the visit too! It was SO much fun to have you out here and we'd do it all over again...crazy heat, humidity, and torrential downpours all over again.

That's so fun about your b-day surprise! Hope your 21st was at least half as fabulous as you are (which would still be a lot ;)

Good job with the RedRock Relay, I've heard it's a killer.

marynott said...

Yes! I very much enjoyed your birthday as well! Probably we want to do a round 2 down in cedar! Good job on the run cousin!