Thursday, October 6, 2011

A Confession

Here's the deal:

I am kind of a sinner (in lots of ways, but especially) in that I kind of really hate it when people try to get all preachy and religious on blogs. I know it's awful of me. But it just bugs. When people get all preachy on their blog, I'm thinking:

A) They're trying to get points by how spiritual they can come off
OR
B) They had a really awesome experience but they don't know the time and place to share it

And I'm guessing that my hatred simply comes from the fact that I have a really hard time letting my spirituality get across via the inter-web. I mean, it is just really hard for me to figure out how to give my feelings any justice without sounding cheesy. You know what I'm saying? Of course you do.

So, while I won't be whipping out a lengthy rendition of my testimony, I just wanted to say:

Gosh, I love general conference.

I mean, seriously. For a short weekend, God is letting us know what he's been thinking about. And, somehow, in all those messages we can gain a lot of guidance and revelation. What's more is that we can get a tiny little glimpse into how much our Heavenly Father loves us.

And that is just pretty awesome.

6 comments:

Amanda Hermansen said...

Jerk! That was directed at me, huh?? Ha ha. I can't help it if I'm a Molly Mormon! ;) Love the new background, by the way!

Hellobridgett said...

I know how you feel about sharing testimony online.. I never know how people will take what I write, or if I will think it sounds cheesy the next day. It's a fine line.

And, General Conference was great.

Jessica Grosland said...

True story. :)

whitney said...

I totally get what you mean. I have a hard time with it too.

I missed waaaay too much of gen. conf. this year because of the hooligans, so I'll be playing catch-up for the next few months in the evenings. yay! for online streaming!

Sarah Jane said...

Agree with you all the way, Kim.
But don't worry, you put it very well.

Kelsey said...

Dear Kim,

I agree with the internet world spiritual thing. And with how great General Conference is. That being said, I think I will turn my blog into a "look at my awesome spirituality" central. You're welcome to be jealous.

Just kidding.

Lots of love,

Kelsey