Wednesday, September 7, 2011

It's a Little Premature...

But only just a little.

I'm talking about my senioritis.

Yesterday I had a nice chat with my counselor. You see, I've been planning on graduating with my bachelor's in a quick 3 years instead of the regular 4. Before you get too jealous, realize that I basically have to go on to graduate school (related work to a BS in psychology? Bar-tending is basically your only answer).

And it wasn't really as hard as you might think. I brought a handful of extra credits from high school, suffered through a summer at BYU and threw some internship credit for being a hippie. And there you go! Three years, baby! (It also doesn't hurt that psychology doesn't really believe in prereqs. I mean, after general psych and stats, you are good to go).

Anyhow...my counselor explained that I only have

--2 more required classes totaling in 6 credits (knew that)

--and a total of 13 credits, of which, 5 can come from my internship.

If you add all that junk together and do the math, I only need 3 classes next semester to graduate.

At first I was like, "no way, I'm still going to rock the 18 credit semesters so that I can learn more!"

But after a second or two much thought and deliberation I figured why the heck would I do more work than I need to?

I still haven't decided completely. Maybe I'll generate a burst of energy and go for the gusto of 5 or 6 classes.

More likely, though, I'll be rockin' PSY 3220 (Adult Development), PSY 4905 (History and Systems), and some random class like Drawing, Sewing, Cooking, or round three of Yoga and Swimming.

And NOW you can be jealous.
....
....
....
....
....
....
Until I realize I need to
--take the GRE
--decide on a master's program (MSW or MFT???)
--start begging and bribing for letters of recommendation
--write a letter of intent
--get my resume together
--apply
--pray like crazy
--etc. etc. etc.



P.S. I have much to write about the rockin' happenings of my life since the last time I wrote, all of which include pictures. However, the library here is not super conducive to newer technologies...so until the next time I feel like toting around my camera and the necessary cordage...Please, be patient with me.

1 comment:

whitney said...

I suppose that only having 3 classes leaves time for rockin' the GRE, right? Good luck with all that. I don't envy you a bit when it comes to resumes and all-that.

As for a master's program...I vote for a MRS. That was one of the options, wasn't it? no? too bad ;)