Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Me

Don't you love hearing peoples' secrets? Me too! So here are some of mine. I'm not giving you the super juicy ones (I've got to keep some things to myself...). But here are some basic ones that will help you get to know me a little bit better:

This is me:

  • I drink milk straight from the carton 95% of the time.
  • I only recently started singing in the shower and I've converted to it.
  • I've never seen The Lord of the Rings.
  • I've never read Harry Potter.
  • Most things that I love to do can also be described as super nerdy/old school: sewing, baking, embroidery, crocheting, and reading.
  • My biggest pet peeve (non human related, anyway) is open cupboards.
  • It makes me happy to see every shape and size of person running. Regardless, I judge every runner/jogger I see on their form.
  • I dismiss every runner/jogger I see as a fake if they are wearing Nikes.
  • My all time favorite place to shop is DI (love the bargains and the laughs).
  • I am pretty sure (like 99.9%) that James Franco is the sexiest man alive.
  • I have 75 first cousins on my Dad's side alone.
  • When I was little, I always planned that if I got cancer and got hooked up with the Make-A-Wish program, I'd wish to meet Neil Diamond.
  • I think showering is overrated.
  • One of my favorite books is Walk To Remember, and I've yet to read it without crying.
  • I am absolutely and completely terrified of what I want most in life: getting married and having kids.
  • My favorite smell is new backpacks (the cheap-o plastic kid ones).
  • I'm a cryer. I cry at everything. But I'm a closet cryer...so it's likely that you've never seen the tears.
  • I will only eat pretzels that are Rold Gold Tiny Twists.
  • I feel incredibly lazy when watching movies unless I'm with a big group of people.
  • Even I think my running habits are on the side of obsession.
  • I cannot for the life of me pronounce the word "rural."
  • When I go shopping, I touch anything that looks soft or oddly textured.
  • I'm horrified by snakes. Even little dinky ones. Even pictures of them. Even shoelaces on the ground that resemble them.
  • My favorite color is coral. But if you're a boy and you ask, I'll probably tell you something else because I don't want to explain the color coral to you.
  • I pretty much always judge books by the covers.
  • I love dance parties. Especially ones that are in my kitchen when I'm donning an apron.
  • If I had cable TV, I'd spend most of my days watching Say Yes to the Dress, What Not to Wear, and Cake Boss.
  • I'm also slightly embarrassed to admit that I love the food channel. Doesn't really matter which show.
  • I'm a quarter German.
  • I think 73 degrees is the best temperature.
  • The most boring date I've been on was watching the Super Bowl. And it was a first date.
  • I think my family is basically the most rockin' awesome family of all...no exceptions.
So there you go. A little glimpse into the life and mind of Kim.

8 comments:

Sarah Jane said...

I hate open cupboards, too! I love coral, too! I hate pink, but love coral. I'm glad you judge books by the covers. That's the way to go. Also, those are fabulous choices in tv shows.

Zachary said...

I could have sworn we have more first cousins than that...of course I am counting all those that became part of the family after marriages...such as the Jensen clan. I think you have closer to 86...approx.

Kim said...

I thought it was 82 descendents, minus my siblings...but I could be wrong...

Jessica Grosland said...

That's a great picture of you, Kim. And a fantastic post besides. It made me remember fondly our high school days . . . .

Whoa. We're old. We remember high school. Yuck.

One of my secrets: I'm afraid to cook. I'm really bad at it, and so I kind of avoid it whenever possible. This is one of the many obstacles standing between me and a husband. Ah well.

Monica Lifferth said...

Just wanted to say how much I love your writing.

P.S. You and I have a lot in common. :)

whitney said...

What?! You're a non-rural pronouncer too!? How did I not know this? I get teased about it all the time from your brother.

Your make-a-wish makes me giggle. Why does it not surprise me?

What running shoes do you recommend since you're anti-nike?

I hate open cupboards too. Spencer, on the other hand, is an open cupboard-leaver.

James Franco...mmmm.

Despite what my hooligans might've convinced you, marriage and family is the best scary decision a girl can make. promise :)

ps-Georgia says, "Hello, I love you, Aunt Kim. And I like all your pink [s]tuff."

drew said...

James Franco!
db

Tairsa said...

okay 1, I didn't know you had a blog so one of us is fired... probably me.
2, I love this post, so fun. 3, there are worse obsessions than running, at least that's what I keep telling myself. And 4, I laughed really hard when I came to the snake bullet because I remembered the time we saw the dead snake in the road and you jumped from my left side to my ride side before I could even blink.

The end, love you Kim! Congrats on school and life, you seem to be doing awesome!