Monday, August 1, 2011

I Want Some B Shoogs in this Here G and O*

It's official. I'm basically done being a hippie. No more forays into the wilderness. No more peeing behind bushes. No more using slang like
"wiggy"
"B and R" or
"diggled" (Betcha can't guess what those mean...).

In fact, the only proof of my hippie existence is this:

The hair wrap.

And possibly the fact that I can bust a flame out of
sticks, a rock and little bit of rope
faster than Bear Grylls.


Ahem. Here's another handful of quotes for you from the students, just so you can all get a glimpse into what I dealt with on a daily basis for more than half this summer:


"I'm a proud booger eater." --Katie

"My advice is if you have questions, don't ask staff cause they don't know." --James

"Wait. Stevie Wonder is blind???" --Eric

"I asked for a bible and a drug book." --Justine

"Mmmmm. I love my tastebuds." --Jen

"I was such a slut in kindergarten. I had like 30 husbands." --Molly

"It's actually not that much." --Isabel, about her $1200.00 per month allowance (don't even get me started on this one. I thought about doing a post on just this comment, but I knew that it would make me waaaay more angry than I should be. So just know that it makes me want to punch someone and vomit when I think about this.)

"This hike has been torture! I've seen a package of cigarettes, a Monster, and a hotdog. The worst was the hotdog!" --Kate

Eric: Have you ever slept in a banana hammock?
Patrick: Do you even know what a banana hammock is?
Eric: Yeah. Isn't it the thing people in poor countries sleep in?



Again, oh, how I loved my job. Even if it was stressful at times, there was always an amusing quote to go around. I'm kind of glad you're over, summer hippie job of 2011. But I really will miss you. Later!

*Hippie title translated into English: I would like some brown sugar in my granola and oatmeal.

3 comments:

whitney said...

You'll definitely have to regale us all with more of your crazy summer stories when you come out here. I can't even wait to see your hair-wrapped hippie self!!!

Jessica Grosland said...

Wow! I didn't know hippies had their own language. Next time I see you, I'll probably only understand half of what you're saying. "HE-LLO. MY NAME IS JES-SI-CA. WHAT PLAN-ET ARE YOU FROM?"

But seriously, it sounds like you had a great time. What eventful summers we are all having now that we are BIG BAD ADULTS!

Taylor said...

I just love you Kim. :) I can always depend on you for a laugh. I and really love hearing about this awesome hippie job you have had. Can't wait to see you, we should play!