Friday, May 24, 2013

The One with the Stuff

Well...

I've been watching too much Project Runway. I finally dreamt about it. The dream was complete with Tim Gunn and feelings of complete anxiety at choosing the right fabric-not too bright but not too boring.


On another note...
My dad let us bring his little moped scooter home to Rexburg with us. Just for a borrow. Which is just as well (I can't imagine it would function very well in Rexburg's crazy winters). Ben looks kinda hilarious riding it to school. I'd post a pic, but Ben already left :( Maybe next time?



On another note...
Our car broke down. Lame. Sauce. It's especially lame because I NEED a car for work. For some reason, I can't imagine my clients' parents being ecstatic about me driving their kid around town on a 50cc scooter that only gets up to 30mph if it's going downhill.

But my mother in law said, "Don't be frustrated. Life happens." And she's right. Life does indeed happen. At least I've had time to A)Train for Ragnar B)Pretend I'm skilled at refashioning clothes whilst I dream about Project Runway and C)Cook decent meals for Ben...and delicious ice cream cakes for myself.




On another note...
I got myself a library card. You know, having fun isn't hard, if you've got a library card (Ben had NEVER heard that song, which I thought was a travesty. So I sang it for him. I think he was mostly embarrassed).



On another note...
My dad sent me this article. I thought it was pretty interesting. So Ben and I had an FHE where we had to write a story about us. You know. For legacy purposes.
A pic from my story



A pic from Ben's story. The resemblance? Uncanny.

Finally,
My sister in law (in this post) complained about how now that she's the mom, she's never in the pictures. I went through my pics from their last 2 visits and I hate to admit it, but she's right. I had a total of 3 pictures of her but countless pics of her chilluns. Shame on me.  Here's an attempt to make up for it (a feeble one, I might add) because let's be real: karma, karma, karma...Whitney, this is for you:


She came to the temple my first time through.
And Whitney's baby turned 1 year old the day before my wedding.
See, Whitney? You really do exist when you visit. Albeit, not very much.

I'll do better I swear!!!


2 comments:

Our Family said...

Isn't the library card song from "Arthur"?
Sorry about your car quitting on you guys. Good thing you're in such good running shape - and Ben in good...biking shape! ;)At least you can get to places one way or another...

whitney said...

First off, I'd never heard that song before you posted it on your blog that one time. Even thought I love the library as much as humanly possible.

Secondly, boo! boo! for car troubles! Hopefully it didn't set you too far back!

Lastly, I'm going to pretend that picture of my ginormous pregnant backside is not posted for the entire world wide web to see.

Don't worry, my post wasn't directed to you or anything, it's the same way with my pictures and the pictures on my side. My sisters are the same way. Moms are just oddly absent in pictures. We're, typically, just not where the fun is. If we are, there's a good chance we're attempting to squelch it ;) Next visit, I'll have to make sure you get some FLATTERING pictures of me (if that's even possible at 33 weeks pregnant :P).