Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The One With the Attack of the Photos

The last weekend in April, Ben and I packed up and headed down to Utah.

Maybe it was just me, but I felt like I hadn't been down to visit in FOREVER. And this trip was especially exciting for several reasons:

1. Ben and I had an ILP training meeting to attend, to learn more about our trip to China.
2. My brother and sister-in-law were coming out all the way from Kansas to visit. And they brought along their stinkin' cute kiddos (prepare yourself for a lot of pictures. When those kids are around, I can't help myself!).
3. My sister was getting married!!!

Crazy awesomeness, I believe, is the phrase to capture all the events that ensued.

The ILP meeting (a 2 day deal) was kinda longish...but it was very informative and it got me super excited about  teaching (we're leaving in like 3 months, people!).

We got to go hike Bridal Veil with (almost) the whole crew.
Me and my hiking buddy. I wish I was as glam as she is.

Eric and Ezra went the crazy route. But they made it.
And, surprisingly, the leader wasn't Eric.

The girls kept asking me to take more pictures. Such models.

Leslie and Oak.
Unfortunately, Ben had to leave on Sunday night to get back to work and school. But I got to stay in Utah and keep hanging out.

On Monday, Whitney and I threw Heather a pretty awesome bachelorette party, if I do say so myself.
Cute, right?
 On Tuesday, we headed to Salt Lake. We went to the new interactive children's exhibit at the Church Library. The kids loved it.
Scarlett mauling the cute sound-making, egg-laying chickens.
Fishing off of Nephi's ship.

The girls loved the fun Latin dancing game they had.

Outside the temple.
 After that, we headed to Sweet's. It's a candy factory in SLC that gives tours. My first favorite thing about our tour was that they give out a LOT of samples. My next favorite thing was that our tour guide asked me in a sugary sweet voice, "And how old are you?" I told her I'm 22. She looked shocked and said, "Oh! You're older than I am!" She wouldn't look me in the eye the rest of our visit.
See what I'm saying? Scarlett's gone crazy with sugar!
Georgia LOVED her hair net. She insisted on wearing it the rest of the day.
What a fashionable little diva!
That night, Ben surprised me by coming back a day early than we had planned. I was so excited! And I bet he regretted it once he saw what our wedding-related task was.
Yep, we spent probably 4 hours making a huge pile of tissue paper pom poms.
 In lieu of a wedding breakfast, Heather and Matt opted for a rehearsal type dinner. At Tucanos. You can't go wrong there!
Are you getting an idea of who my favorite little people are?
I love Love LOVE these girlies.
Thursday was the BIG day! The ceremony was so beautiful, and I just can't say how happy I am for Matt and Heather.

Let's be real, people. I NEVER in one million years would have guessed that my sister would be marrying Matt Bonner, but I could not be happier with it. I love them both SO much and I'm way excited for them!
This was the only picture I got of the bride and groom.
I fail! So sue me!

Another one with my favorite chiquitas.

Doesn't my sister make such a pretty bride?

Oak loved Ben so much the whole trip.
 I think it's cause Ben looks so much like Spencer.

Us. You know. In front of the temple.
 For the record, it is SO much easier being a bridesmaid rather than being the bride. Yes, as a bridesmaid you do a lot more of the setting up/taking down/running around like a chicken with your head chopped off...buuuut the role of the bride is way more stressful in the long run.

I'm awful and didn't take any pictures at the reception. Just believe me when I say that it turned out beautifully.

The sad part was that it took a full 2 and 1/2 hours to set up...and it all came down in less than 30 minutes.

Georgia practically swam in the mound of glittery ribbon
left over from the chair ties. I bet she's still finding gobs of
glitter under her arms and in between her toes.
Returning to the real world was rough, let me tell you. But soon enough we'll be heading back to Utah for wedding #2: Kyle and Natalie :)

2 comments:

Our Family said...

That all looks like it was so much fun! I'm glad you got some good family time back in Utah. Good to see you guys in all your awesome pictures! :)

whitney said...

yay! yay! for a picture over-load! Even better when it's of my favorite people! I can't EVEN wait to see y'all again in a mere 2 and a half months! eeeee!