Tuesday, November 8, 2011

That's Why They Call Us Mr. Farenheit

Once upon a time, the roomies and I decided to be insanely hardcore and not turn on our heat. In a nutshell, we freaking didn't want to pay that bill. So we went without.

And, gosh, we're awesome. Oh, there was complaining, but we did pretty much everything you can do to keep warm. I came to appreciate:
  • Rocking awesome Queen dance parties
  • Staying in warm showers for much longer than usual
  • Hanging out at the library (or any other heated buildings)
  • Wool socks
  • Layers and layers and layers of clothes
  • Lots of blankets
  • And cuddling with the roomies (in front of the stupid space heater that hardly works)
And, for the record, it was totally working. We were rocking it down to 55 degrees! We joked that we wouldn't turn it on until we could see our breaths.

But as grateful as I am for all the aforementioned things, I think that I'm most grateful that one of the roomies (whose name coughamandacough won't be named) was willing to claim wimp-dom and turn the blasted heat on. I think we're all feeling a little better at a toasty 63. We might even be able to shed the mittens and scarves.

3 comments:

Hellobridgett said...

Space heaters?! You need to get a Heat Dish, my friend. It will melt your face off.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=heat+dish&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=6662959007028794660&sa=X&ei=7L26Tp3tPOKZiAK6gvSIBQ&ved=0CFIQ8wIwAQ

They are pricier than space heaters, but it's so worth the money. It will heat up an entire room set at medium.

whitney said...

What crazy pants y'all are! seriously. I'm a pansy, though. I don't let my heat get below 70. You can ask your brother, he likes to complain about it ;)

Jessica Grosland said...

That IS pretty hard core. I'm impressed. Here in Russia, I think I'd probably die without heated buildings. But you're made of stronger stuff than I am.