Wednesday, November 30, 2011

My Hips Lie

Gosh, November went by fast! I can't believe this is my last forced gratitude post!

Anyhow.

Yesterday I had my first ever experience with...
Zumba.

That's right, ladies and gentlemen. I hadn't gotten my Zumba on until 5 o'clock yesterday evening. Now, Petey said that the teacher was just okay (she's a Zumba connoisseur), not amazing. But I actually really loved it.

When it comes to dancing, I am no Shakira. At all. My hips are full of lies. But that doesn't matter. I dance my face off anyway. The best part was the fact that I wasn't even the worst one when it came to shaking my thang. And when I was confused and couldn't pick up on the pattern, a bunch of people were in the same boat. It was just all sorts of comforting. And also tons of fun.

So, I am grateful for my body. I mean, without it I wouldn't be able to do my absolute favorite things (like running, hiking, busting dance moves etc. etc.). I have little to no idea how my body does all the things it does (that's why I keep Mary Raymer in my life...), but I do realize just how amazing it is. And I'm super grateful for that.

And I'm pretty sure that none of you would disagree. I mean, we've all got our imperfections, but bodies are just pretty darn incredible. And so, folks, can I get a holla for your body love?

Yeah.

Holla.

2 comments:

Jessica Grosland said...

Holla!

whitney said...

This post made me smile :)

holla!


ps-I can't eeeeven wait to be out there so we can shake it like Shakira together.