Monday, November 28, 2011

I'll Be There For You

Dang it, dang it, dang it! My plan was to upload a bunch of pictures for this post when I went home over the weekend. Did I do it? No. So what you are getting is the pictures I could scrounge off the good ol' FB. They are epic pictures, really. But I just wanted to get pictures of more people, which, unfortunately, is not the case.

SO. The important thing to remember is:
Just because you aren't in the pictures,
doesn't mean that you aren't a rockin' awesome,
amazing friend
(well, maybe that applies to some of you...;).

ANYHOW. If you couldn't guess, today I am grateful for friends.
Real friends. The good ones who, you know, like the song "will be there for you...when the rain starts to fall" (you know you want to start singing it...).

Yesterday I was able to go to Tairsa's missionary farewell. And when I was there I was like "Holy heck. My friends from Hike School are so awesome." I'm pretty sure most people hate high school and everything that has to do with it. But I loved high school...and I'm 100% sure that the only reason I loved it so much was the fact that I had some totally bomb friends. Does the fact that I loved high school make me insanely lame?
Oh well.

I just had to take a second to give a shout out to all those amazing non-related people in my life who have been such a blessing to me. And seriously guys, I love you even if I couldn't find a picture of you on my facebook (I wasn't in a stealing photos mode today...). Like, Cedar Friends- I still love you...even though I apparently never take pictures of you. Maybe I just don't love your faces (jk;).

Moral of the story: Friends rock. They make life more entertaining through the good times and hecka easier through life's hard times. So, friends, love you! Thanks for making my life better.

At our 80's dance party.
Gosh we're hot.
Especially Sarah. Mmmm.
I like keeping friends who
make me feel like I can dress myself.
Not all of my friends are ridiculously short.
And the fact that Adam Couches is at least a foot and a half taller than all of us
should make up for the fact that no girl in the pic is past 5 foot 4".
How could you resist hanging out with such a studly crew?
And if my only true love is running,
I'm pretty sure that my only true lovers
are probably my running buddies.
My friends like to eat. As do I.

And that is my very anti-climactic ending to my insanely wild post.

6 comments:

A said...

these pictures are. awesome. (:
It was so fun to see you Kim! Let's party over Christmas. Deal? Deal.

Sarah Jane said...

That picture is terrible.

I wish I could've gone to the farewell! Seeing everyone would've been awesome. I'm totally with you on the whole high school thing-- I loved high school because of you and all of our friends. They really are the best.

Tairsa said...

I love this Kim, thank you so much for coming to my farewell! I am so grateful for our friends and what wonderful examples and supports you are to me.

Kelsey said...

Holla. We're awesome.

whitney said...

Love the 80s dance pic. It's classic.

Gotta say I'm pretty sure you enjoyed high school more then anyone else I know...which makes you kinda odd...but in a good way! ;)

marina glyn said...

haha don't worry. I loved hike school with all my heart too ;) love you kim. (even if you don't have any pictures of me......I'm slightly offended...but I guess I'll get over it because you're one of the biggest reasons I'm even still alive...;)