Monday, May 31, 2010

Backpacking!





So my family and I...okay-like half the fam since most everyone is gone...went backpacking! It was a pretty rad trip. We were backpacking in Grand Gulch-home of several ancient Indian civilizations. Awesome? I think so. Here's a pic of one of the kivas:
We hiked 23 miles in 3 days. What's even more impressive than that-we drank what little water we found on the hike. It looked something like this:
Looks delicious-right? Okay...its wasn't quite that bad. But trust me: it tasted like a swamp and had many unmentionables floating around in it.
The hike was probably made most fabulous by my lovely, brand new backpack.
I know-it's beautiful. And it was super comfortable. And Eric was-and still is-super jealous of me. Trust me-he has reason to be.

2 comments:

whitney said...

Ooo, jealous of the hike and uber-jealous of the backpack. *sigh* sometimes, I miss Utah. Luckily it's not all that often ;)

whitney said...

I miss you guys, and all...just not Utah in general. Just clarifying.