Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Not to Complain...But...

For those of you who are unaware, I have started working at BYU in the physics department for a lady named Nan. I'm working full time- 8 to 5, with an hour lunch break.

It has been...interesting.

Now, I'm not here to complain-really. Nan was super nice to give me the job (Actually the only reason she gave it to me is because my older brother, Spencer, worked for her before and, apparently, she absolutely adored him *Thanks again, Spencer*) and to give it full-time, nonetheless.

So, really, I'm incredibly grateful.

But this is my 3rd day of work. And all I've done is clean, sort screws, and draw lines in a notebook.This is an example of the lines I've had to draw in the aforementioned notebook.(I know my paint skills are pretty much genius).
But it's worse:
The notebook contains 312 pages.
Plus I have to label the columns on each page.
Plus I have to number each row-starting with 10947.
Plus I'm pretty sure you can buy notebooks in similar formats at, say, Office Max or Staples.
Plus, even if you couldn't buy similar notebooks, you could definitely make a template on the computer and simply print them off.

I've spent more than ten hours in the last 2 1/2 days drawing in that notebook.

But yeah, I'm super grateful.

1 comment:

whitney said...

eeek! That's loads of boringness right there. Sorry, sweetie. I suppose it's better then no job, right? Well, actually having that much free time might be a good thing. The lack of money, however, not so much.