Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The One in Yellowstone

Like I mentioned before...Ben and I had our Numero Uno Anniversary on the 8th. For about a month we were trying to figure out what to do to celebrate and we seriously went through the most ginormous list of possibilities. Our car was broken (it's fixed now! and for much cheaper than originally thought:) so we weren't sure if we'd have a vehicle. We also weren't sure how much it was going to cost to fix the car, so we didn't want to spend too much money.

We finally settled on just hanging out in the Rexburg area, going swimming and getting dinner, you know, just relaxing.

But Ben is very spontaneous and after I went on my run that morning, Ben said, "Let's go to Yellowstone instead."

So we went! I'm not very good at being spontaneous, so this was good practice. We packed up some snacks, put on our hiking shoes and were out the door, on our way to Yellowstone.

I had never been to Yellowstone before. I know, I know, it's a shame! But we loved it and had a blast! And, seeing as how the entrance is only an hour and half from our house, we bought an annual pass...so...you know, if anyone wants to come visit...(hint.hint.nudge.nudge).

Anyhow, here are some pictures from our awesome adventure:
There were buffalo EVERYWHERE. It was so cool.
And Ben kept saying, "Look at me! I'm a buffalo in
Yellowstone!" And it was hilarious...but maybe you had to be there.
So pretty! (The landscape, not us...). And this was just by the side of the road!

These are the Paint Pots.

It's ol' Fayful!
Yes, it kept reminding me of Dennis the Menace.

It was pretty windy, and when Old Faithful got going, we were
sitting right in the mist...so we got pretty wet. No wonder no one was sitting there...

I can't remember the name of this one, but the steam was incredible.

These were our favorites. It's so crazy to me that these colors are
just rockin around in nature. The picture doesn't give it justice-
It was very orange-y and blue-y. Very pretty.
And very steamy.

You can see the color better in this picture...but not as good as being there.
We loved it. It turned out to be an rockin' day trip and we can't wait to go back sometime!

2 comments:

whitney said...

Oh, so much fun! What a fun way to spend your anniversary! I've never been to Yellowstone either. Looks like a definite must-see, though!

Our Family said...

You crazy cats!! How fun to just make a day trip to Yellerstone! I've only been once so don't feel bad that this was your first time. Glad you guys had a fun day!