Monday, September 17, 2012

Joey and Janice's Day of Fun

Surprise! I'm not posting about the marathon! At least not yet...

This event happened first so it has priority (the marathon story is forthcoming). And this story is called:

Joey and Janice's
DAY. OF. FUN!

Except that it is really Kim and Ben's and really we don't hate each other. Okay deal.

For Labor Day Ben and I decided to go on a hike.

Box Canyon
 The first part of the hike was way ugly. But then it turned into this:

The picture doesn't give it justice but the water was an awesome crystal blue.
 
Descent into the canyon.
 
The trail was mostly bush-whacking (hence the poison oak of the previous post)
but there were some really cool bridges built to get over the watery parts. Way pretty.

Jaeger got super hot and he took every chance he could to cool off.
Ben and I swam in the lake behind...after we scared off some skinny dippers.
It was very. very. very cold.
Our next adventure included taking a stop at the Perrine Bridge.
It's a tourist attraction in Twin Falls I have never taken the time to look at.
It was pretty cool.

After dinner we hit up the old Best Buy and purchased us a Garmin GPS.
It's pretty sweet.
And then we ended the day by taking the car through The Rocket.
It's a pretty fancy car wash.
The end!

1 comment:

whitney said...

Ahhh, how fun! yay! for a new GPS! I simply don't know how I ever lived without mine...actually, I do. I got lost in Springville for 2 hours.

it was a bleak existence.