Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Brother Diamond

 
 I thought about it and I think there are 3 things that I am committed to writing about faithfully:
  • Neil Diamond
  • Running
  • and Shoes
Everything else is hit or miss.

And so while you may not be getting the finer and more important details of my life, be grateful that you can take part in the things that I'm passionate about.

Today's lovely topic is Neil!!!! Yay!!!! See? You guys are probably sick of hearing about him...but I could talk about him til the cows come home (like my Idahoan phrase there? I'm really catching on to the locals;)

So a month ago my family went to Neil's concert in Sandy at the Rio Tinto Stadium (where Real plays). These were changes as he usually plays in the winter at an indoor arena. But having it outdoors was way fun.


 This was us before the concert. Leslie and I were rocking our favorite Neil shirts. We were waaaaay excited.

 The good thing about Neil is that he is a family obsession. Everyone in the fam has got a lovin' feeling for him.
 I got some good pics of the concert in action. Just in case you were wondering, the ladies in red are my heroes. When I was growing up I always wanted to be a back up singer for Brother Neil. And I'm not going to lie. Those dreams are still going strong. But don't worry-Neil says that dreams can come true...so someday...
I was soooo proud of Ben. He was really worried that he wouldn't love it as much as my fam but he had a way good time-singing along with the songs he knew and dancing with me every time I stood up. He even surprised me at the end of the concert by saying that he wanted to get his own Neil Diamond tee. How could I say no to that? So he went and picked out this little ditty in true Neil fashion. Next concert: Ben will rock the same hairdo as the shirt :)

Anyhow...Neil put on an AWESOME show. As always. And while I was watching and dancing along, I thought about how awesome it was that he is still going strong after all these years. I mean, the man is 72 years old. And he's still rocking it. Do you think in 50 years we'll all be like "Oh yeah, just got me some Justin Bieber tickets. Any takers?" or "Let's go to the One Direction tribute band show!" Let's be real. Probably not. Music just isn't the same as it used to be.

But I'm glad that I was able to take part in the awesomeness that was a concert from a legendary and iconic singer songwriter.

1 comment:

whitney said...

Oh, I'm so jealous! I SOOOO wish we could've been there with y'all. Do you know neither Spencer nor I have a neil diamond shirt. sad, huh?