Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I'm a Slacker

I've put off posting for months now. The reason? I cannot for the life of me come up with a cute/ clever/ funny blog name now that I'm married.

Let's be real. The husband will most likely NEVER actually post on the blog, let alone read it...so technically I don't NEED a title that incorporates both of us. HOWEVER, my old name was "She Rocks." And I don't care who you are, you've got to admit that a name like that screams, "I'm single and ready to mingle!"

The old name "She Rocks" is from Eric Hutchinson's song Rock and Roll. And I always assumed that when I got married I'd change the name to match the final chorus: "They Rock." BUT the more I thought about it, the more I realized that anyone familiar with the song would assume that Ben and I fell in love after a supposed one night stand. Which actually isn't the case. So my fall back plan completely flew out the window.

So I've been thinking and brainstorming for quite awhile now and as you can see by the absolutely horrendously BORING blog name...I came up with nothing. I will admit that I was entirely tempted to use "The BK Lounge." Mine and Ben's initials remind me instantly of Burger King which is pretty fantastic in the worst way possible. Who wouldn't want to be instantaneously associated with one of America's favorite fast food chains? "The BK Lounge" sounds like some white trash goodness which was all too tempting to throw up on screen...but in the end I opted out.

So I'm still searching for a decent blog title. I hope y'all aren't turned off by the current lame one. But if you are, I honestly don't blame you. Anyhow, everything is going well and I promise to post more later. Hopefully sooner than last time...

3 comments:

Sarah Jane said...

bwaahaha, the BK Lounge is my favorite, although I know you're never going to use it.

Benberly?
The 10th Kim Brown?
Kim and Baby Face?

Erica Ellen said...

I vote Kim and Baby Face

whitney said...

I'm so turned off by the current lame one that I just don't know if I'll ever be able to visit again.

I vote you visit your fave love songs to find an appropriate replacement.

...speaking of name-changes, I think it's time for me to drop the "young" part of my title or maybe scrap the whole title altogether. I mean, I'm 27 1/2 and I have 4 kids. I just don't if I can pull it off any more.