Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My Weakness

I am the lamest person ever. I'm writing another post about shoes. Shoes for heaven's sake! I've got these awesome friends who write about stuff that actually matters. Like Jessica who writes about her amazing teaching experiences in Russia and her oh-so-fitting aspirations. Or Evan, this insanely talented writer who is going to change the world and kick everyone's butt while he's at it.

And then there's me.
And my pressing matters.
AKA: shoes.

Man, I suck.

Meh. I was deprived for a year (Successful New Years Resolution 2011: Not buy any shoes for the whole year...running shoes being an obvious exception). I can flaunt my bargained shoe buying now, yes? Well, it's my blog. I do what I want.

Excuse to buy this particular pair #1. I've wanted Toms for a very long time. But I'm too cheap.

Excuse to buy this particular pair #2. Everyone in the Psych department was talking about buying red heels for graduation (SUU=red and black...our gowns are black so we need some color, am I right or am I right or am I right?). But I pretty much never ever wear heels. And when would I wear red ones?

You see where I'm going with this?

So I bought these:

They look pretty much like the real things (Toms), yes? Yep, I know they do. But they're not.

Yeah. I've never heard of the brand either. But I found these at our campus bookstore for only $15.95. Not $50 plus shipping and handling.

So there you go. Be jealous. Or think about how lame my blog posts are. Whatever. My feet and wallet are happy and that's what matters.

4 comments:

whitney said...

Look at you! I've been craving Toms for forever but am just too darn cheap for them. LOVE the $15 price tag. Who cares if they're just imitation! Rumor has it that Toms wear out fast anyway.

e.e. Lifferth said...

You buy those shoes Kim!! I'm so proud of you. I also Bought a pair of boots Thursday that I've been wanting for a long time, they were on sale but not 15 bucks......

-Stephanie- said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
-Stephanie- said...

Dear Kim, I am fully supportive of everything in this blog. Writing about nothing (we know if I write, it is about nothing-ness), and $15 shoes are such excellent topics. I thank you. Also, thank you for the heads-up on Tom-related shoes for cheap. For this, I also thank you. Love, Stephanie