Wednesday, March 16, 2011

It's done!

Right after I graduated from high school, I decided that my summer project would be to make a quilt.

One year and 10 months later
(so much for "summer"),
having spent more than 200 bucks
(sewing, I found out, is not a very practical hobby
for a college student)
and after enduring lots of cutting
and sewing
and more cutting
and picking
and resewing...

I finished.

So here it is:
(sorry for the super attractive Ruby's Inn background).

A close up.

Another pic...just for the record.

So that's it.
I'm quite pleased with it. 200 bucks, 250ish+ hours and probably about 10 or so curse words was totally worth it.

6 comments:

Breanna said...

WOW!! You are amazing! That is the most beautiful quilt in the whole world! You are AWESOME KIM!! :D

And I love the colors and the design and I really think you are so marriageable! ;)

Monica Lifferth said...

Gorgeous!!! 10 curse words is not bad missy. That's my weekly quota, at least. :)

Jessica Grosland said...

That is one gorgeous quilt! Kim, you amaze me. Can you teach me to have skills?

And how many productive hobbies do you know of that ARE compatible with student living?

Amanda Hermansen said...

KIM! I love it! It is seriously so so cute. Nice job! You and your cute homemaking skills!

P.S. Your header is way cute too! :)

whitney said...

Wait a second...how did I miss this post!?!

Regardless, love, love, LOVE the quilt. It is seriously so gorgeous. mmmm...I could just bask in its rays of fabulousness.

Zachary said...

Are you SURE there were only 10 curse words? Good work cuz!