Friday, February 4, 2011

Neil's 70th!

Here it is guys! Just like I promised:

The pictures from Neil Diamond's awesome Birthday!!!

Okay, here's the truth: Once upon a time, I lived with some outrageously fantastic people that I like to call my family. They were/are super great.

And they all love Brother Neil.

However, one day, in my quest for knowledge, I decided to pack my bags and move to Cedar City in order to further my education. Once there, I discovered that *gasp* not everyone knows who Neil Diamond is. It was a troubling discovery. I mean, I am completely aware of Bob's famous line:

"There are two kinds of people in this world:
Those who like Neil Diamond
and those who don't."

But it did not even occur to me that some people have no idea who he is.

It is a travesty, I tell you.

That being said, those lovely people I call my family, along with some really excellent friends, threw Neil this huge-o bash, complete with songs, food, and even a trivia game (dang! I wish I could have been there!!!).

I had a party too, but on a much smaller scale, on account of the fact that several of the people with whom I associate here in Cedar don't really know much about Neil.

Trust me, I am working on them.

Meanwhile, we listened to some rockin' tunes and ate a delicious "I Heart Neil" cake.

And of course I was wearing my lovely Neil shirt, in his honor...you know, since he couldn't attend personally.
Sigh. I think Neil Diamond's birthday could very possibly be my favorite holiday.

3 comments:

Breanna said...

HAHA!! Kim, this is the best thing ever! It makes my heart happy. :)

whitney said...

Gotta say I'm jealous of your shirt. It's pretty darn retro-fab.

We had a ND party too. All the cool people do it.

The Ry-dawg said...

Kim, I know Bro. Neil would be very proud of you. And side note your shirt is probably one of the coolest shirts I have ever seen! Its rad!!